THIS GIVEAWAY IS OVER!!! The winner has been notified via email and have 48 hours to respond.
Move over Brita, there’s a new water filter pitcher in town! The Mavea Elemaris XL.
I was recently sent a brand new Mavea Elemaris XL Premium Pitcher in the lovely Ruby Red color to review, pictured above straight out of the fridge already in use. Along with my review, Mavea has generously offered to do a giveaway! One lucky winner will also receive their very own Mavea Elemaris XL! Cool, huh?
First I’ll go over some features and benefits of the Mavea:
- Automatic pour-through lid
- Large 9 cup capicity
- Mavea Meter tells you when to replace the filter
- Mavea Maxtra filter technology. An optimal mixture of activated carbon and ion exchange resin beads that work together with the unique filter shape to improve water taste and reduce contaminants.
- Certified to reduce: chlorine taste and odor, heavy metals (mercury, cadmium, copper), agricultural chemical pesticides (simizine and atrazine), industrial pollutants (benzene and tetrachloroethylene), limes-scale (lime-scale reduction certified in internal tests, not certified by WQA).
- Filters will last for approximately 2 months, or through 40 gallons of water, before needing to be replaced.
- Mavea Recycling: Either return your filter to the recycle bin at participating stores (coming soon) or get a Mavea paid shipping label. Just save up at least 6 cartridges and Mavea will send you a label.
- Gives your fresh drinks a great, natural taste
- Releases the full flavor and taste of tea and coffee
- Ideal for cooking healthy foods
- Prolongs the lifetime of your domestic appliances due to preventing lime-scale build up.
- Clean ~ filter micro-screen reduces carbon particle release into system
- Fast ~ no pre-soaking required for filter activation
- Safe ~ silverized filter media to inhibit the growth of bacteria
- Convenient ~ pour through lid makes refills easy
You can read all the FAQs here.
Right out of the box this pitcher was easy-peasy to assemble. There are four parts in total: the body/reservoir, flip-top lid, meter and filter. The directions say to submerge the filter in water and shake it a little to remove air bubbles, but it does not need to soak for any length of time. Then you just snap the filter in place, snap on the lid and fill the pitcher. It’s recommended that you run at least two fillings of the reservoir to activate the filter and remove any filter dust. After that it’s ready to use!
The water filters through pretty quickly. In just a couple of minutes I had fresh filtered water that was ready to drink.
What I noticed right away with the first glass of water from the Mavea was how crystal clear the water is. The taste? Well, I could taste no hint of chlorine. It truly stands behind it’s promise to filter out the taste and odor of chlorine, not something I find often enough.
Would you like to own one yourself? Well here’s your chance! One winner will receive a Mavea Elemaris XL in the color of their choice! Choose from these 6 beautiful color options: Black, White, Ruby Red, Sage Green, Eggplant and Tangerine.
To sign up simply click the link below:
(it will open in a Facebook page)
While I do love comments on my blog posts, any comment here will not count towards the giveaway, except for the required entry to post a comment (see widget). Please make sure to use the Rafflecopter Widget linked above.
I will use Rafflecopter, powered by random.org to choose the winner, who will be announced on the blog and will receive an email. The giveaway is open to continental U.S. and Canada residents only. This giveaway begins on Tuesday, July 23, 2013 and ends at 12:00 am on Tuesday, July 30, 2013. The winner will be announced on Wednesday, July 31st and will have 48 hours to respond.