We’ve recently decided to get busier in the kitchen. So we’ve come up with a weekly/monthly list of edibles that we want to have on hand at all times. Be sure to check future posts as these will each be highlighted individually as we tackle them. Some you’ve seen me blog about before, if you’ve been a long-time follower. But we’re starting everything over and have perfected some of the preparations or found better ways of doing them. So you’re going to see new, improved & simpler ways of doing things.
So what is on this list, you ask? Well…
- Perpetual Soup – this is really a bone broth that you keep going all week in a crock pot.
- Chicken Feet Stock – very much like regular bone broth, only using chicken feet. It’s supposed to be richer and gel up a bit better. We shall see very soon.
- Sourdough Starter
- Butter, Ghee, Lard & Tallow
- Taco Seasoning – we love it and use it often, but have decided to start mixing our own in batches. May not need to make it every week though.
- Condiments – catsup, mayo, mustard, dressings. As need, probably not every week for sure.
- Prepare & store Raw Cat food – monthly
- Sprouted Wheat Berries – to grind into flour.
- Breads: loaf, baguettes & tortilla wraps, and anything else we decide we want as we go along, from the sourdough starter.
- Maintain a Wheat Grass Tray – as well as other sprouts. We want to obtain a juicer very soon for this and other fruit & vegetable juices.
- Crème Fraiche – a.k.a. Cream Cheese
This list may be added to along the way as we master these tasks and find other things we want to incorporate into our diet. So don’t think of this list as exhaustive by any means. As we add to it I’ll be updating this post. I’ll even link the words in bold to their new posts as I create them. So maybe you want to bookmark it for referring back to? Just a thought.
We’re also strongly considering giving the GAPS diet a whirl. Or at least looking into it a lot more in depth. Maybe you’ve guessed by now, but we are striving to eat 100% traditionally. Everything home cooked. The way nature intended for us to eat. There is nothing natural about the “Standard American Diet” . Most of it really isn’t even food anymore. It’s nothing more than highly processed, man-made food like material that big farma wants us to believe is food. In other words, if it don’t come straight from the animal or the earth we ain’t eating it. That includes cereals, sodas and most snack foods found in the center isles of every grocery store. In fact, we’d rather skip the grocery stores altogether and buy from the farm instead. Or at the very least the best meat market we can find and the farmer’s market. Get the idea here?
We have not been able to immediately jump into making everything on the list. But we’ve started a few of them and you’ll be seeing blog posts coming up over the next couple of days showing you just what we’re up to. So stay tuned…